The church is one of the many ashlar churches in Jutland. Originally, the church consisted only of the nave and chancel, but was later added to. Towards the end of the Middle Ages, a porch was added in the Gothic style, and in 1703, a small bell tower was built over the west gable as a substitute for an earlier tower which had become dilapidated over time, and which was restored in 1776. The church bell is from 1250, making it one of the oldest in Denmark. The altarpiece is from c. 1600 and the pulpit from c. 1650.