Tvilum Kirke

Tvilum church was originally part of an Augustinian monastery which was founded in 1250. The monastery was a four-winged building with the church in the north wing. The east wing was a dormitory and a common room, the south wing housed the kitchen, and a dining room for the monks in the east end, and the west end was the dining room for the working people. The west wing was probably a repository, hospital, etc.

Share this page

Last updated by

Silkeborg Turistbureau info@silkeborg.com
 

Contact

Address

Klostervej 1
8882 Fårvang

Phone

+45 86871392

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 9.67365
Latitude : 56.243484